Reconciliation & First Communion
Registration for 2022-2023 is now available: Information and Online Registration.Our preparation program will begin with Parent Information Sessions. Please join us on either:
Sunday, Sept. 25 @ 1pm, or
- Thursday, Sept 29 @ 7pmFollowing that, we have:
- Sunday, Oct. 2 - Enrolment & Welcome at Mass (9am, 11am, or 6:30pm)
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 @ 7pm: Big Tent Meeting (1st preparation session)
Registration should be available sometime this fall.
About our programs
We typically prepare children to receive the sacraments of Reconciliation (Confession) and the Eucharist (First Communion) around age 7 or 8 (Grade 2) or later.
- Reconciliation preparation starts in the fall, followed by preparation for First Communion in the winter.
- Registration for Reconciliation & First Communion will begin sometime in the fall (September-ish).
- First Communion celebrations are typically held after Easter (e.g. April & May).We typically prepare youth to receive the sacrament of Confirmation around age 11 (Grade 6) or later.
- Read Bishop Mark's July 2020 letter: Age of the Sacrament of Confirmation (PDF)
- Registration for Confirmation will begin sometime in the fall.
- Confirmation celebrations are typically held after Easter (e.g. April - June).
Register for Reconciliation &
Please familiarize yourself with the above information about the sessions, dates, and other requirements.
This is the same information as the sheet sent home through our schools.
Fill out our online registration form (for 2022-2023).
You should receive a confirmation email about 15 minutes after submitting your registration.
Register for Confirmation
Registration should be available by late-2022. Our preparation program will begin sometime in the fall or winter.
We're asking families to help cover the costs of handouts and supplies. If you'd like to pay now, you may do so:
- by Interac e-Transfer to email@example.com. Please include a note that it is for sacramental preparation and your child's name.
- online through Paypal:
AND First Communion
We also can accept payment in person (cash, cheque, VISA, MasterCard, or debit) at the parish office.
If your child is 15 years of age or older, or is not yet baptized:
- Register your child (above)
- Contact Andy to discuss your particular situation: firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-659-5803.We’ll gladly sort things out.